Friday, March 28, 2014

California Bound

Dear Amazing Families,

I have some Oregonian and Californian readers, so this is for you lot.

The Mammal and Sparky and the Four Youngest Jokes are making a road trip for the month of June.  We'll be rolling from Vancouver Island down the Washington, Oregon and California coastline.

We are going to spend a few days with Mickey, then I'm speaking at the Southern California Catholic Homeschool Conference (page is not updated yet, just so you know) on June 28th.
Topic:  Homeschooling, simplified: Staying Focused on What Matters Most

Then we'll be beetling home quickly I-5 style.

Other than that, our itinerary is a little sketchy, we'll be visiting what shrines and missions we can, and some beaches and wine country.  And so.

Any recommendations?  Any thoughts?  Anything NOT to be missed?  Any awesome homeschool families want to meet up en route?!

Let us know, we're game.

Leave a message in the combox, or email me HERE.

7 comments:

  1. I'd love to meet up but sadly I'll be out of state during that time. But if you're going down the 101, Cannon Beach in Oregon is the big touristy beach, so depending on whether you love or hate such places, be advised.
    I'd definitely pay a visit to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, though. It too is a big tourist destination, but the free cheese samples and delicious ice cream more than make up for it (unless you are all lactose intolerant, I guess).
    Really, there are so many wonderful state parks on the Oregon Coast, you can't go wrong.
    Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Jenny, too bad you won't be around! Good news for you! My husband found the link to his conversion story online, which I will put here and then find a new permanent home for on my blog at a later date

    http://web.archive.org/web/20110903231835/http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/2002/0212dr.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for remembering and for linking!

      Delete
  3. I'll be there! Make sure you email me whe it gets closer. Micaela dot Darr at gmail dot com. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm looking forward to meeting you, Micaela! I will contact you once we are getting close to the conference, Blessings, Bonnie

      Delete